The Objectives of PEP are:
- REVIEW COUNTY LEVEL PERMANENCY OUTCOME DATA annually to obtain a “snapshot” of the State’s current permanency achievement rates and trends, including an examination of racial disproportionality (see permanency enhancement data )
- IDENTIFY BARRIERS TO PERMANENCY ACHIEVEMENT through the focus group process
- MOBILIZE COMMUNITY STAKEHOLDERS through regional permanency enhancement symposia to engage stakeholders in a focused dialogue around issues of permanency planning and achievement for DCFS involved youth
- DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT COMMUNITY-SPECIFIC STRATEGIES (action plans) to increase family preservation rates, family reunification rates, and adoption/guardianship rates
- TRACK AND ASSESS SHORT-TERM AND LONG-TERM PROGRESS AND OUTCOMES for the Action Teams (see Central Region Action Team Annual Report)
Funding Source: Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.